Posada Amazonas is a 30-bedroom rainforest lodge perfect for your first taste of the Amazon’s natural wonders.Just a 45-minute boat ride from the town of Puerto Maldonado, this spacious lodge offers an excellent combination of convenience and comfort with outstanding opportunities to see Amazonian wildlife, all during a short break of as little as two nights.
Quick Facts About Posada Amazonas
- Raised Boardwalks - Five wings of 6 rooms connected by raised boardwalks.
- Private Bathrooms – All of the bathrooms at Posada Amazonas are private and have hot water.
- Wellness Center – Posada Amazonas contains a wellness and holistic center for massages and aromatherapy.
- Community Owned – Posada Amazonas is owned by the indigenous Ese-Eja community of Infierno and managed in partnership with Rainforest Expeditions, Posada Amazonas is located within the Ese-Eja’s communal reserve, next to the Tambopata National Reserve.
Posada Amazonas Activities
- Canopy Tower – Our 30 meter scaffolding canopy tower gives you spectacular views of the vast expanses of standing forest and the Tambopata River. You will have good chances of spotting toucans, parrots or macaws
- Lake - We will paddle around the TresChimbadas on a catamaran, looking for the resident family of Giant River Otters and wildlife such a hoatzin, caiman or horned screamers
- Cultural Activities – Visit an ethnobotanical trail, and a working farm.
- Extra Activities- Community Visits, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Canopy Climbing, Wellness Center
Posada Amazonas Wildlife
Despite being relatively close to Puerto Maldonado, the Posada Amazonas offers ample opportunities to see wildlife and experience the Amazon’s rich ecosystem at firsthand, including:
Monkeys such as:
- Saddle Backed Tamarins
- Squirrel Monkeys
- Brown Capuchin Monkeys
- Red Howler Monkeys
- Dusky Titi Monkeys
You can also see wildlife such as:
- Parrots at a clay lick.
- Parrots from the canopy tower
- Giant River Otters
- Caymans and capybaras on the river banks